As the year winds down, we offer up this review of the most visited stories added to trenchlesstechnology.com from December 2022 to December 2023. If you missed any of these posts, now is a great time to catch up.
10. Vermeer Corp. Celebrating 75 Years – 2023 marked the 75th anniversary of Vermeer Corp. Now led by the third generation of the Vermeer family, the Iowa-based company has more than 4,000 team members worldwide and has its sites set on the next 75 years.
9. San Diego Water Agency Upgrades the First Aqueduct Treated Water Tunnels – As part of its proactive asset management program, the San Diego County Water Authority determined that groundwater was infiltrating three tunnels within the system and rehabilitation was required to maintain the tunnels’ structural integrity and extend its service life.
8. Horizontal Directional Drilling Beneath the Tinker Air Force Base Runway – Working for Oklahoma Gas & Electric, Mears Group Inc. was tasked with constructing a 2,333-ft crossing using horizontal directional drilling (HDD), to install a pipe bundle consisting of four 6-in. diameter and two 4-in. diameter HDPE conduits to facilitate construction of a 138kV transmission system being built at the base.
7. How to Calculate the Value of Microtunneling – From our annual How-To Issue in February, this article from Akkerman Inc. compares and contrasts the cost factors and the primary categories that comprise microtunneling.
6. How to Repair a Failed CIPP Liner – Our February How-to issue articles are a hit with readers as our No. 6 most visited post is an article provided by Inliner looks at the methods to repair a failed cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) liner.
5. Drilling in a Tight Area? Consider Using a Pit Launch Horizontal Directional Drill – Small diameter trenchless installations are typically completed in a tight footprint. This article looks at the benefits and increased popularity of using a pit-launch drill.
4 . 2023 Trenchless Technology Projects of the Year Announced – One of the highlights of every year is the announcement of our Trenchless Technology Projects of the Year. This post – unveiled and shared on World Trenchless Day 2023 – recaps the winning projects.
3. Dual HDD Installs Key to Vineyard Wind One Offshore Wind Farm – There has been a lot of talk of late about the role trenchless will play as North America grows its alternative energy source portfolio. This article looks at the HDD installation for the Vineyard Wind One offshore wind farm project in Massachusetts.
2. 2023 Trenchless Technology Project of the Year Rehab Winner: Robert W. Hite Treatment Facility and Interceptor Rehabilitation Project – This article looks at Metro Water Recovery and Inliner Solutions’ work that made the award-winning project a success.
1. Trenchless Technology’s Top 50 Trenchless Engineering Firms – 2023 Survey Analysis – Rounding out our Top 10 is contributing editor Andrew Farr’s look at the results of our annual Top 50 Trenchless Engineering Firms in North America survey. Who made the Top 10? Click the link to find out.
We hope you enjoyed this look back at the top posts to trenchlesstechnology.com.