As part of its continuing effort to be an industry leader in HDD tooling, Radius HDD recently relocated its headquarters to a new facility dedicated solely to the design, manufacturing, and distribution of HDD tools.
“We have seen an unprecedented amount of growth over the past five years and projections call for additional growth going forward. We decided in 2015 to make an investment that would allow us to continue supporting HDD contractors across the county and around the globe.” said Riff Wright, president and founder of Radius.
The brand-new, cutting-edge, 38,000 sq/ft building is located just outside Fort Worth, Texas. The new location gives Radius a strategic advantage that continues to put the needs of customer’s front and center and improves upon the company’s already impressive turnaround time for custom adapters and urgent orders.
Located near several major shipping hubs and the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport allows Radius to offer unprecedented shipping services on both Large LTL freight as well as next-day/same-day express shipping.
This facility is three times larger than Radius’ previous location and is the result of more than a year’s-worth of development, design and planning.
“Our companywide commitment to LEAN manufacturing means focusing on our customer. It is the beginning and end of everything we do.” Wright said “We build the best tooling in HDD, but we know full well getting contractors what they need, when they need it is our true purpose. We have a company full of incredible people who deliver that every day.”
The new facility offers expanded capacity and capabilities such as:
- Increased capacity for immediate, 24/7, custom sub services
- Dedicated lines for maxi tool and auger head production
- Added capability for large maxi subs and reamer shafts
- Expanded machining and welding capabilities for PDC bit and PDC reamer manufacturing
- Additional space for multi-axis CNC machines, plasma table and three new dedicated production lines
- Additional automation in both CNC machining and welding areas to increase quality and lower production cost
- Triple the amount of warehouse space to maintain an expanded line of HDD tools, reamers, and accessories, many of which are in stock and immediately available. “Any tool you need; any time you need it”
- Dedicated QC, testing, and product design departments
- Dedicated repair service area to offer speedy tool and reamer repair services
Radius HDD began by working directly with contractors to address the issues and challenges of HDD projects. The new facility will allow Radius to continue supporting drillers coast to coast as well space to continue developing new and innovative tooling solutions.