Vermeer Announces Ultimate Crew Contest Semifinalists, Voting to Begin June 1
May 26, 2015Vermeer Corp. is pleased to introduce the Ultimate Crew contest semifinalists.
Eight crews from across North America are one step closer to winning a trip to the International Construction & Utility Equipment Exposition (ICUEE) 2015 where they will compete for the grand prize package — which includes
the use of a Vermeer D24x40 Series II Navigator horizontal directional drill for 12 months and the chance to be featured in future Vermeer marketing efforts.
The eight semifinalists are:
- B&T Drainage Inc., from Marshall, Ill. Crew: Chase Boyer, Colby Boyer, John Boyer, Scott Boyer and Steve Boyer
- Roseau Electric Cooperative, from Roseau, Minn. Crew: Mike Millner, Neal Vatnsdal and Jedd Von Ende
- Ulmer Contracting, from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Crew: Elena Bisognin, Nathan Shalay, Paul Stancic and Chuck Ulmer
- Tru Tek Drilling, from Conneaut Lake, Penn. Crew: Ivan Hershberger, Justin Hershberger, Marvin Hershberger, Reuben Hershberger and Raymond Mast
- Martin Hildreth Co. Inc., from Rockwell City, Iowa. Crew: Tim Beyerink, David Hildreth, Tom Hildreth and Shannon Pierce
- Triad Western Constructors Inc., from Cortez, Colo. Crew: Orin Blackmore, Ron Cole, Rodney Gilliam, Terry Gorsuch and Frazier Yazzie
- M3 Contracting, from Monticello, Minn. Crew: Colby Mavencamp, Dave Mavencamp, Mike Muir and Matt Schneider
- Precision Underground Inc., from Bismarck, N.D. Crew: Tyler Blauert, Delbert Maruska and Sara Ryckman
Contest participants were asked to submit essays explaining what made their HDD operator, locator, mud technician and supervisor the Ultimate Crew. The essays were reviewed by a panel of five independent judges — each an industry expert in his or her own right — who narrowed the field to eight semifinalists.
Video interviews with each crew will be posted on NavigatorNation.com on June 1. Industry peers are asked to vote for their favorite crew through Aug. 31, 2015. The four crews with the most votes will be invited to participate in the Underground Showdown HDD skill competition held at ICUEE in Louisville, Kentucky, in October. The crew that performs the most accurate bore on the course carefully designed by Vermeer will be named the Ultimate Crew.
After the Ultimate Crew has been selected at ICUEE, they will be highlighted in Vermeer advertising running in key underground publications. In addition, they will participate in a “Behind the Job” Web series. Each episode will focus on the challenges faced on HDD jobsites, how the crew works together to complete a job, as well as how they are using technology to succeed and stay productive. The Web series will be hosted on NavigatorNation.com and YouTube.
Vote for the Ultimate Crew semifinalists through Aug. 31, 2015 at NavigatorNation.com.