The Pipeline Leadership Conference has launched a call for abstracts for the fourth annual event on Nov. 7-8, 2018, at The Woodlands, Texas. Abstract submissions should be sent via the conference website, plconference.com/call-abstracts. Deadline for submission is Friday, April 20, 2018.
The 4th Annual Pipelines Leadership Conference is designed to recognize companies and individuals driving transformation and innovation in pipeline and distribution system design, construction and operations through People, Process and Practice. The presentations at this two-day event are focused on innovative and hands-on leadership approaches that achieve revolutionary improvements in performance in the areas of new development, system replacement, ensuring safety, improving efficiency and overcoming challenges from inside and outside the industry.
Innovators and leaders who are interested in sharing their revolutionary strategies and tactics to achieve performance improvement in People, Process and Practice are invited to submit abstracts on the following topics:
- Innovative Use of Social Media (Communication, Stakeholder Perception Management, Community Connection, etc.)
- Innovative Pipeline Development Strategies in Partnership with Native American Tribes and First Nations
- Construction or Design Labor-Saving or Safety-Impacting Process or Technology Innovations
- Overcoming Permitting Challenges (Local Authorities, Paving and Restoration, Environmental, Federal Lands, State Department, Presidential, etc.)
- Overcoming Regulatory Challenges (FERC, PHMSA, State PUC, NEB, etc.)
- Distribution System Replacement Program Challenges (Procurement and Service Provider Management Strategies, Workforce Availability, Operator Qualification, PUC Reporting, etc.)
- Workforce Development Solutions for Awareness, Recruitment, Hiring, Training and Retention
- Asset Management Strategy Innovations for Distribution or Pipeline Systems
- Local Stakeholder Collaboration (Permitting, Siting, Project Execution, Construction Coordination, etc.)
- Pipeline and Project Inspection Challenges and Solutions (Quality or Quantity of Staff, Integration of Technology, Innovative Communication, Tracking or Process Techniques, etc.)
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance Strategies Amid More Intense Regulatory Oversight
- Operator Qualification Challenges and Opportunities
- Effective Public Education and Management of Perceptions or Misconceptions
- Pipeline Integrity Strategy Innovations for Distribution or Pipeline Systems
- Innovative Lessons Learned or Techniques to Achieve Future Performance Improvement
- Lean Construction Techniques to Drive Out Waste from the Process of Design and Construction
- Effective Implementation of Best Practices and Innovative Process Management Tools
- Crisis Management Programs to Ensure Public and Environmental Safety
- Land Management Challenges and Strategies
The Pipeline Leadership Conference Program Committee will review and select topics for the event. The Programing is made up of long-time oil and gas pipeline industry veterans, representing operators, contractors, engineers and trade associations.
If you have questions regarding the Pipeline Leadership Conference call for abstracts, contact Brad Kramer, managing editor of North American Oil & Gas Pipelines, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (330) 467-7588.
The 2018 Pipeline Leadership Conference will be held Nov. 7-8, at the Hyatt Place Houston/The Woodlands in The Woodlands, Texas. The conference is organized by Benjamin Media Inc. and North American Oil & Gas Pipelines (our sister publication) in cooperation with Continuum Capital. Visit plconference.com for updates and additional information.