The Vermeer D40x55DR S3 Navigator horizontal directional drill (HDD) delivers excellent productivity in a broad range of ground conditions, from hard, medium and soft rock to loamy/dirt and clay. This rock drill features dual rod technology that uses an inner rod to provide torque to the drill bit, while the outer rod offers steering capability and rotational torque for reaming. The combination provides powerful downhole cutting action and the flexibility to select the appropriate tooling to best match the ground conditions, which can allow the entire install to be completed with one machine.
Features and benefits:
- Common CAN controls allow a smoother transition from one drill to the next across the Navigator HDD lineup and the S3 badge and D40x55 S3 drill, as a base platform, provide a standard of excellence you can count on.
- Save time by spending less of it on rod makeup and more on putting utilities in the ground.
- A cab can help reduce fatigue from outdoor elements and enhance operator comfort.
- This impressively powered drill will enable boring through hard rock with less hassle.
- Spend less time switching out rod boxes and go further with your install by having more onboard rod carrying capacity.
- A hollow inner rod design results in more air and drilling fluid flow to the drill head on pilot bores and the hole opener during pullback, providing contractors the ability to select from a more diverse range of tooling options, including air hammers and larger hole openers.