The Ontario Regional Common Ground Alliance (ORCGA) invites all underground infrastructure stakeholders to connect online with their damage prevention partners to improve safety in the excavating community and to enhance damage prevention efforts in the field.
The ORCGA is bringing together industry experts in March – ahead of the start of digging season and Dig Safe Month – for a series of free Dig Safe Workshops. Presenters and session topics are as follows:
- Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development– Excavation Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) — What Happens When There is a Conflict?
- Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks — Excess Soil Regulation
- Electrical Safety Association — Powerline Safety – STOP LOOK LIVE
- Ontario One Call — Digging Safe with Ontario One Call
- Centre for Advancement of Trenchless Technologies (CATT) — A Greener Future with Trenchless Technologies
- The Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA) — What is the Health and Safety Excellence Program?
- Ontario Regional Common Ground Alliance (ORCGA) – Excavator Operator Training, Damage Prevention Technician Training, The 2020 DIRT Report
The sessions are applicable to those serving the electric, engineering, excavator and contractor, oil and gas, GIS, locator, one call, public works, regulatory, telecommunications, trenchless, water and sewer industries.
These sessions target facility owners and operators, facility maintenance companies, excavators and contractors, utility locate administrators, One Call Center members, engineers, claims, public works departments, risk management operations, and others who protect the underground infrastructure and impact damage prevention.
The half-hour long sessions will take place from 8 a.m. to noon, March 9, 11, 16, 18, 23 and 25. The sessions are identical each day allowing attendees to tailor viewing to their availability.
A complete schedule and descriptions of the sessions, as well as links to register are available at orcga.com.