Since its formation in 2019, 4M Analytics has evolved from a group of individuals with a few ideas to a team with solutions that will disrupt the underground mapping industry.
The company started as a think tank – 4M Defense in Israel — developing various methods to detect the exact locations of buried explosives. This work led the team to evolve from a think tank to 4M Analytics and to the utility market. The company has developed a mapping engine that by combining satellite imagery with artificial intelligence, is able to create comprehensive utility maps of the subsurface. Giving various stakeholders unprecedented access to the world below.
Looking to grow these technologies out of its home market, 4M Analytics looked to expand its footprint into the North American market. To help accomplish this goal, 4m Analytics brought in North American subsurface utility engineering (SUE) expert Ophir Wainer as director of North American business development in early 2021.
Wainer has more than 21 years of SUE experience in North America and is involved with actively promoting and growing the SUE industry through his involvement in several industry organizations including:
- Chair of the North American Society for Trenchless Technology British Columbia Chapter (NASTT-BC)
- Board member of the Centre for Advancement of Trenchless Technologies at the University of Waterloo (CATT)
- Steering Committee member and presenter at several American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Utility Engineering and Surveying Institute (UESI) Pipelines Conferences
- Co-founder of the Greater Toronto Area/Ontario and Alberta/British Columbia UESI chapters
- 2020 Ontario Regional Common Ground Alliance (ORCGA) Man of the Year
“Ophir is well known as ‘The Fixer,’ as no problem is too complex for him. Over the years he has tackled incredibly ‘unsolvable’ subsurface situations and has lived to tell the tale. His secret magic — innovation,” said Itzik Malka, CEO, 4M Analytics. “Being able to combine ‘out of the box’ thinking with disruptive technologies, and to embed this blend in his work process.”
For more information on 4M Analytics and its 4 Map and 4 Dig products, visit 4manalytics.com.