Trenchless Technology’s World Trenchless Day Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
Trenchless Technology’s World Trenchless Day Contest Rules:
1. CONTEST HOST: The World Trenchless Day Sweepstakes is hosted by Benjamin Media, Inc (BMI)/Trenchless Technology magazine, 10050 Brecksville Rd., Brecksville, Ohio 44141 USA.
2. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or win. All entries must be received by midnight EST on Tuesday, September 22, 2020.
Website Entries: To enter, go to www.trenchlesstechnology.com/wtd and complete the entry form. Individuals may submit one entry per day.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada aged 21 years or over except employees of BMI/Trenchless Technology and all co-sponsors. Void where prohibited by law.
4. WINNER SELECTION: BMI/Trenchless Technology employees will randomly choose the winner on World Trenchless Day – September 24, 2020. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of entries received. BMI/Trenchless Technology reserve the right to disqualify any entrant suspected of vote rigging or vote buying. All decisions of BMI/Trenchless Technology for this contest are final.
5. PRIZES: Winner of the random drawing will receive one free full conference registration to NASTT’s No-Dig Show in Orlando, Florida, March 28-April 1, 2021 (valued at $1,050); a ticket to attend the annual No-Dig Show Gala Awards Banquet Dinner on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 (valued at $125); standard room accommodations at the host hotel for up to 3 nights. Includes any dates between March 28-April 1, 2021 (valued at $199/night + tax); and up to $500 for airfare to Orlando to arrive/depart between March 28 -April 1, 2021. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email on September 24, 2020. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within 48 hours of notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Winners consent to BMI/Trenchless Technology’s use of the name, likeness, image and identifiable information provided to BMI/Trenchless Technology for purposes of identifying Participant as a winner.
BEFORE BEING DECLARED THE CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within two (2) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sweepstakes Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes, her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of her name, address, voice, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the selected entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize as awarded for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant).
7. PRIZE FULFILLMENT/DELIVER: BMI/Trenchless Technology will notify the winner when/where the prize can be collected and delivered.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Participants hereby irrevocably assign all right, title and interest in its entry, including all intellectual property rights therein, to Trenchless Technology. To the extent an entry is not assignable to BMI/Trenchless Technology due to prohibition of law, participants grant BMI/Trenchless Technology a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, publicly display, perform, transmit, prepare derivative works, and otherwise use and exhibit the submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant Trenchless Technology the foregoing assignment and license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their submission in order to grant such a license.
b. BMI/Trenchless Technology is under no obligation to use any submission or return the submissions to participants.
c. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
d. Entrants must not engage in any violent, dangerous, or illegal behavior in creating an entry. Entries must not contain inappropriate content, including but not limited to vulgarity, obscenity, lewd, pornographic or violent material, or materials which promote violence. Entries must not defame or invade the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon a person’s personal or proprietary rights. Entries that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing and following requirements will be considered void and will not be considered. Entries that are deemed by BMI/Trenchless Technology in its sole discretion to be immoral, obscene, profane or not in keeping with BMI/Trenchless Technology’s Image and/or Brand will be disqualified.
e. BMI/Trenchless Technology reserves the right to cancel or amend the sweepstakes and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of BMI/Trenchless Technology. BMI/Trenchless Technology reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the participants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
10. CONDUCT: By submitting an entry, all contest participants are bound by these Official Rules. These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Ohio.
11. ENTRANT’S REPRESENTATIONS: Participant warrant and represents that its entry does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party. BMI/Trenchless Technology’s determination as to whether an entry potentially violates the rights of any third party is final. By entering, participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless BMI/Trenchless Technology and its co-sponsors, as well as their officers, directors, employees and agents from any action or liability resulting from the publishing of his/her entry and/or use of the entry as otherwise permitted by these rules.
12. NO LIABILITY FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES: BMI/Trenchless Technology is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, BMI/Trenchless Technology may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. BMI/Trenchless Technology is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or technical error or programming error or unauthorized access to the Web site. Entrants further agree to release BMI/Trenchless Technology and Sweepstakes co-sponsors from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this contest, participants hereby release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless BMI/Trenchless Technology, and Sweepstakes co-sponsors, as well as their officers, directors, employees and agents (“BMI/Trenchless Technology Releasees”), from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property), arising out of or in connection with the contest or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in the contest or any contest related activity; [d] if a In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages. BMI/Trenchless Technology Releasees are not responsible and shall not be liable for any incorrect or inaccurate information, no matter how caused. BMI/Trenchless Technology RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIALOR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTERING THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.