Advance your career with an exciting opportunity: HDD Sales Manager at Kondex Corporation! Drive sales and strategy of its innovative, high-wear HDD products while building strong business relationships with customers. Learn more at www.kondex.com.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full job description follows:
POSITION TITLE: HDD Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Sales & Business Development
Develop and achieve strategic goals for sales, margin, and growth in the Horizontal Directional Drilling market by focusing on lead generation, customer acquisition, and prospect management. These goals will be obtained by building strong business relationships with customers, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, and adherence to the Kondex values system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and prospects by providing support, information, and guidance, and recommending product improvements.
- Apply knowledge of the field and product features to match products to the needs of customers.
- Identify, qualify, and secure business opportunities; coordinate business generation activities; develop customized targeted sales strategies.
- Prepare price quotations, communicate, or negotiate terms and conditions of sales, and submit orders.
- Close sales transactions in a timely and effective manner.
- Create informative presentations; present and deliver information to potential customers.
- Participate in trade shows, industry trade association activities, educational seminars, and customer events.
- Ensure dealer network sales personnel understand the benefits of using Kondex products versus other options.
- Collaborate with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting; developing and maintaining short- and long-term plans to achieve strategic growth targets.
- Recommend changes in products and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Develop strategies for new products to meet the needs of the market.
C. MARKET RESEARCH
- Research and communicate information relative to marketing trends, competitive products, and pricing.
- Analyze market data to generate new leads and implement strategies to realize growth of business revenue.
D. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND SERVICE
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- May on occasion make deliveries.
- Keeps management informed of sales activities through Sales Force software.
- The identification of decision makers and the decision-making process which may vary considerably by customer type.
- Ability to work at all levels of an organization in a variety of working conditions.
- Optimizing the limited time available with contractors.
- Researching, identifying, and implementing new opportunities at current and new customers.
- Ability to sell value and innovative solutions.
- Responding to contractor calls during their hours of operation.
- Primary external contacts: HDD Dealers and Contractors, Product, Service, and Shop Managers, Parts & Service personnel, and Operations.
- Primary internal customers: VP of Sales and Business Development, Manager of Sales Administration & Analytics, Customer Service Representatives.
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
- Knowledge of directional drilling industry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Five years prior technical or service experience with the directional drilling, construction, or off-highway industry.
- Experience with sales or service.
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management.
Highly Desirable Behavioral Competencies:
- High Energy
- Results Oriented
- Emotionally Intelligent
- Confident & Assertive
- Strategic Thinker
- Follows Kondex Values & Beliefs
- North American travel up to 50% – 75% at times, primarily by auto with some overnights.
SAFETY AND WORKPLACE ORGANIZATION:
- Adhere to Kondex safety and housekeeping standards.