ETTI is looking for a Fulltime HDD Operator to join our team in Lisbon Falls, Maine. ETTI is a progressive, rapidly-growing firm that provides a challenging, dynamic, team-oriented work environment with an excellent benefit/compensation package.
HDD Operator– Seeking experienced HDD operator to be responsible for
installing new pipe and/or cable using various HDD trenchless equipment and associated support equipment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proficient use of various HDD (directional boring) equipment up to 100,000lb rigs and support mixing
equipment to install by trenchless means of new pipe and/or cable for – electrical,
communication and/or gas distribution utility installations.
- Will be responsible for equipment care and cleanliness
- Clear understanding on locate information, utility conflict resolution and changes need
to be able to work around utility obstacles.
- Ability to follow municipal permitting and construction requirements.
- Understanding of plan reading and design changes required to meet City and county
building requirements for underground construction.
- Team builder/player and operate at a high level daily focused on Quality, safety and production.
- Need to have good customer service skills.
- Tracking and assessing daily production rate(s).
- Need to be able and willing to teach and or mentor less experienced apprentices and
have a team building attitude.
- Need to be a pro-active “can do” minded individual with a positive attitude and a
creative sense to be able to improvise changing conditions during HDD bore shots to
minimize potential damage(s) and to achieve success for the crew.
- Must be proficient to operate various mixing equipment and knowledgeable in proper
fluid mixing properties/viscosities/ingredients for the applicable ground condition(s) to
optimize installation success.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in using proper down-hole tooling (drill
heads/bits, reamers, swivels and pullers, etc.) for the applicable ground condition(s) to
optimize installation success.
- Must be proficient in using various vacuum potholing equipment.
- Must have a keen sense of assessing good bore rig set up, down-hole tooling and fluid
mixing prior to starting construction.
- Must be very safety conscientious.
- Must be well organized in proper set up and bore planning methodology.
- Ability to follow verbal and or written instructions.
- Must have the ability to adapt and be flexible to work in a constantly changing
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and to successfully handle stressful
situations efficiently and effectively. Ability to meet critical deadlines under stressful
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, supervisors,
and other personnel.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in the HDD, civil, wet and/or dry utility
- OSHA 10 Hour and Trench Safety Certified.
- Insurable divers license with CDL Class “A”
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Able to lift 50-100lbs consistently
- Able to work 10-15 hours daily as required
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Noise level is generally loud.
- Must be able to quickly move arms and legs.
- Excellent stamina is required.
No phone calls please. Please send cover letter, salary expectations and resume to email@example.com.
Learn more at www.hdd-etti.com.